Whilst excellent medical assistance is provided through the care network, it is clear that this terrible disease has far wider effects on the sufferer and the family supporting those who are sick. Inspired by Emily who had been suffering from leukaemia for some years, it was decided to help raise funds to improve the quality of life for these children and their families.
We are a small charity with a big heart with our primary aim being to improve the lives of children and young people suffering with cancer. We are able to do this thanks to the fundraising and donations made by our fantastic supporters who, like us, want to help families facing cancer. All staff work on a voluntary basis with all money raised going to support these families.
We provide help, events for the whole family and resources with the aim of improving the quality of life of children and young adults suffering with cancer and their families. The Trust focuses its help in various ways, including:
- Build-A-Bear and Zizzi
- Two free holiday homes in Battle, near Hastings
- Teenage Pamper Days at Topshop - London
- Pamper Days for parents at The Royal Marsden
- Sibling and Family Days
- Christmas party - Winter Wonderland
- Resources for the Marsden School Room and Play Rooms to make stays in hospital more bearable.
- Build A Bear On the Ward - we bring bears, outfits and accessories to patients on the ward at the Royal Marsden Hospital
- Help and special treats for families of children or teens being treated for cancer
For more information please click here
The Trust is committed to helping families in times of great need, during the treatment of cancer, the recovery and those terrible times of sadness and loss. This video shows the Riley family who found this support during the most difficult time of their lives.
You Can Help!
Your generosity really can make a difference! You could raise funds, provide services or simply make a donation. Help us make a difference - have a look at events - challenge yourself & get involved. The Emily Ash Trust and the families we help, really welcome your support!